Monday, December 6, 2010

feature journal

Fatal Distraction i found really intriguing and fascinating. The way that it flowed and set up the climax of the story really allowed me to get involved with the story. I also liked how it was like a narrative, the connections between the different people and their stories was an interesting way for the readers to understand the complexity of what was really going on. I found myself upset that one person was charged while the other was not because it really was an accident. At the end of the article i was so so happy to hear that Lyn was going to have a baby and give it to Miles and Carol Harrison because they really do deserve another chance. I think that was ultimately one of the most powerful parts of this article because it really goes to show how two people can connect over something so awful but that mistakes happen and that there is good in the world so they should not give up hope. I also really hope that adoption agencies in Russia do give other parents and families a chance to give children a better home.

I think after reading this feature story it gave me a better understand and idea of what narrative feature writing is really about and how interesting it can be. I really enjoyed the personal aspect of the article.

1 comment: